When I started to work with IBM, I would see and hear ‘Think Big’ a lot of times. We were encouraged by our leaders to think big at work. I was fascinated to think big before I joined IBM. Though the company drives the idea of thinking big, not many employees practice thinking big.
Globally, forget about Thinking big, thinking itself has become a rare activity. Thinking big is important, and a lot of people are ‘Thinking big’ these days. One of the results of ‘Thinking big’ is the massive increase in entrepreneurs and start-ups.
I have learned ‘Thinking Big’ alone is not enough, you have to think through too to be successful.
Did you know most start-ups that wound up, mainly shut down either because they stopped thinking or they thought poorly?
You might ask, “What do you mean by stopped thinking?”
- You stop thinking when you operate or react based on your environment and situations.
- You believe things and act on them without reasoning
- Your idea that originated from the ‘Think Big’ activity, no longer inspires your actions or behaviours.
- You are not in control of yourself
Have you ever got yourself into such situations at your business or work?
Here are a few tips to consider!
- Let your plans/actions originate from the dreams, not the circumstances.
- When things aren’t going as planned, think about what needs to be done to achieve the results you want. Seeking expert advice and listening to your intuition will be a great Mentor.
- Make a conscious & honest review of your behaviours and their results, periodically. Appreciate the behaviours that lead you closer to your goals and discard the ones that take you away.
Remember: “Your past has no bearing on your future. Each decision you make and every thought you think are creating your future right now. Adjust the way you feel by adjusting the way you think.”
Quick exercise for your reasoning factor?
1. Take a notepad and pen. Write down something you want to achieve. But have not in the past given serious thought to accomplish. Begin to think of what you can do to get what you want without violating the rights of others.
2. Do you know what to do? Great then! Act on them right away.
3. Review the progress, think better, and act!
4. Enjoy and celebrate your success!
So tell us…
How do you think results and progress in achieving your goals?
Has this post help you change your thoughts or inspire you to think and act better?
What thoughts or feelings did this post trigger in you?
Leave a comment below to let us know.
Thank you for reading this, and sharing your thoughts and experiences. It makes a big difference, and we truly appreciate it.
To your success!